1. Does the introduction gain your interest? 1
2. Would you say at the outset, "This homily has something to offer me"? 2
3. Does the homily meet realistic spiritual needs? 3 4. Does it make a difference? 4
5. Would it leave you/others changed in some helpful way? 5
ORGANIZATION / CENTRAL IDEA
6. Is there one simple, clear central idea? 6
7. Are the various movements or areas of development arranged in a way 7
that makes the homily easy to follow?
8. Are there enough examples and illustrations to help you "see" the message? 8
9. Has the preacher avoided too much abstract language? 9
10. Is the homily down to earth? 10
11. Does the homily speak from the preacher’s own faith experience? 11
12. Is the homily rooted in one or more of the readings for the particular liturgy? 12
13. Is the preacher proclaiming the message rather than just explaining one or 13
more of the readings?
14. Does the homily point to the Eucharist? 14
15. Did the "Sabbath Reflections" help in extending the homily into your daily life? 15
When finished with the evaluation be sure to click
HOMILY EVALUATION Date of Homily:
This evaluation remains anonymous unless you offer your name in the COMMENT textbox below.